As the Mobile County Public School System (MCPSS) educates students in a virtual setting, please be reminded that the systems’ Student Code of Conduct applies to students in the virtual educational environment.
Creating a school environment that allows for meaningful and effective learning experiences requires efforts by parents/guardians, students, and school personnel. It is the responsibility of school administrators and teachers to ensure that the rules and regulations of the school are carried out in a consistent manner that promotes fairness, honesty, and genuine concern for the entire school community.
Parents/guardians have the responsibility to:
- Help create a virtual learning environment that nurtures quality in education (ex. No music playing or distracting noises and images that are obscene or derogatory should be heard or displayed in the background).
- Provide the students with the resources needed to complete class work
- Encourage students to respect the rights and individuality of others
- Ensure that students sign-in promptly and regularly in compliance with attendance rules and other procedures necessary for the best possible education
Students have the responsibility to:
- Respect teachers and those in authority
- Respect the rights of others
- Obey laws and local school/system rules and policies
- Exhibit a sense of fairness, honesty, loyalty, obedience, courtesy, price, and trustworthiness
- Strive for academic excellence
- Be appropriately dressed for class daily
(ex. Hair combed/neatly groomed, no revealing attire, no pajamas)
- Be prepared for school daily by having all the necessary materials and completing all assignments
As communications on the network and Internet are often public in nature, general school/system rules for behavior and communications apply (see Student Code of Conduct).