ABHS Library Media Center
**Disclaimer: Our library is currently getting a facelift! Please be patient with our progress.**
- Monday-Friday - 6:35 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Extended time - As needed.
- Reference materials available for in-house use.
- Wide selection of non-fiction and fiction materials available for check out.
- Magazines available for in-house use.
- All copyright laws must be observed. Please see our links below to review laws.
- Individual students must have a pass.
- Classes may register to visit as a group with their teacher.
- Parents may visit during our hours of operation - Please pick up a visitor's pass in the front office.
OR TWEET THE LIBRARY! @LibraryAlma
The mission of Alma Bryant Media Center is to provide a productive learning environment that will enable staff and students to become information literate, to use information effectively, and to provide educational and technological opportunities for all patrons.
Media Center Goals:
1) Increase Circulation
2) Increase Community Involvement
3) Promote collaboration to implement Literacy Standards to meet College and Career Readiness Standards
- Follett Destiny is available to search our resources.
- iPads are available for class check outs
- Students – Two books for 2 weeks. If students are conducting research more items may be checked out. Damaged or lost items must be paid for in a timely manner.
- Staff- unlimited material check outs includes videos, books, reference materials, and magazines.
Rules and Procedures:
- No food or drink
- Place all chairs neatly around the tables when you finish working
- Print only the material that you need
- Work quietly
- Ask for help if you need it
Help And Free Resources
- Explore the New Thinkfinity.org
- Discovery Education
- Best of History WebSites
- College and Career Planning
- Otto Bibliography
- Bibliography Help
- The Big 6
- Student Hacks
- Accelerated Book Finder
- Encyclopedia of Alabama
- Automatic Bibliography & Citation Maker
- Kathy Schrock
- Free online educational games.
- Homework Help
- Citation Machine