- Monday & Friday - 6:35 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday 6:35 a.m. - 4:00 p.m
- Extended time - As needed.
- Reference materials available for in-house use.
- Wide selection of non-fiction and fiction materials available for check out.
- Magazines available for in-house use.
- All copyright laws must be observed. Please see our links to review laws.
- Individual students must have a pass.
- Classes may register to visit as a group with their teacher.
- Parents may visit during our hours of operation - Please pick up a visitor's pass in the front office.
The mission of Alma Bryant Media Center is to provide a productive learning environment that will enable staff and students to become information literate, to use information effectively, and to provide educational and technological opportunities for all patrons.
Media Center Goals:
1) Increase Circulation
2) Increase Community Involvement
3) Promote collaboration to implement Literacy Standards to meet College and Career Readiness Standards
- Follett Destiny is available to search our resources.
- Internet access is available to students for research purposes
- Short video explaining Office 365
- To work on projects and research go to Office 365 and login or https://login.microsoftonline.com
- You will have access to your work from any Internet connection.
- Remember you will need to login to the library computers using your own login information
- iPads are available for class check outs
- Students – Two books for 2 weeks with .05 a day late charge up to $1.00, if students are conducting research more items may be checked out. Damaged or lost items must be paid for in a timely manner.
- Staff- unlimited materials with no late charges, videos, books, reference materials, and magazines.
Rules and Procedures:
- No book bags
- No food or drink
- Place all chairs neatly around the tables when you finish working
- Do not re-shelve books, place them on top of the bookcases
- Print only the material that you need
- Work quietly
- Ask for help if you need it
Search the Mobile Public Library before making the trip. Make note of the branch that has the items you wish to borrow. The West Regional Branch has an excellent reference area.
Search the U.S. Government's library to find various events, services, and information of a wide range of topics.
Search this area of the Library of Congress to locate bibliographical information about books and articles.
Locate activities and interesting facts and find answers to commonly asked questions.https://www.loc.gov/about/fascinating-facts/
Provides access to written and spoken words, sound recordings, still and moving images, prints, maps, and sheet music pertaining to American History.
Search thousands of articles from specific databases. Remember to pick up your free AVL card from your school librarian or any public library.http://www.avl.lib.al.us
Have a question? Ask an ip12 librarian.http://www.ipl.org/index.html
Help and Free Resources
Do you need help with bibliographic or in text citations? Check out the citation machine.
MLA citation help is free from EasyBib.
Simple online games designed to educate.
Discovery Education host Kathy Schrock's many resources. Great for students, parents, and teachers.
Many resources are available for students, parents, and teachers at Thinkfinity.http://www.readwritethink.org/about/news/explore-thinkfinity-24.html
Excellent resource for information about Alabama.
Use this link to view books with Accelerated Reader test.
Where to find a librarian 24/7.http://www.askus247.org
Provides K-12 library sites and primary source materials online.
A proven approach to information problem solving.http://big6.com
Another site to help build your bibliography.
The lazy way to create a bibliography.
College and Career Planning
Best of History Web Sites is an award-winning portal that contains annotated links to over 1200 history web sites as well as links to hundreds of quality K-12 history lesson plans, history teacher guides, history activities, history games, history quizzes, and more.http://www.besthistorysites.net/
Discovery Education transforms classrooms and inspires teachers with engaging interactive content and services that measure and improve student achievement.http://www.discoveryeducation.com